Starting a web hosting business is one thing and growing it to a level where it can give you the kind of profits you want is another. After all, web hosting business is one of the most competitive industries out there. It takes a lot of efforts and strategies to even gain some solid foothold in the industry, let alone become a big name as one of the leading providers even in your own region. In such a competitive environment right digital strategies can play a big role in helping your web hosting business grow one step at a time. Here we mention 5 key digital strategies that can help you grow your web hosting business.
- Website Design: As simple and as basic as it may sound this seriously very important in terms of your digital strategies efforts. Make sure the website is rightly designed keeping user convenience in mind so that it is easy for customers to navigate and find the services they are looking for. Many web hosting providers lose a lot of business only because they don’t do this right. Along with a simple to use design right looks are also important. Some fine templates can be used from websites like TemplateMonster, ThemeForest and Zomex etc and used in web hosting websites.
- Right Payment Gateway Integration: This is fundamentally important. You don’t want your customers to get stuck every time they try to buy your services online. It will be a big blunder on your part if you customers are not able to get through the payment gateway and they find errors while making payment. You will be losing customers right at the end point, something a new web hosting business can’t afford to have. Look at the various gateway options that you have and see what is feasible for you. Make sure your payment gateway supports all types of payments including debit card, credit card and net banking.
- Forum Participation: Web hosting forums are great platforms for promotion of a new web hosting business. All you need to do is Google “web hosting forum” and you can find a ton of them to register and become a member. One of the most preferred one is Web Hosting Talk. It a great place to participate, communicate and promote your new web hosting business. You can similarly join few other web hosting forums and promote your present offers such as 50% discount for first two months or whatever is your present selling point. This will naturally attract people who come to these forums to find good deals for services they want. You can use the signature section for putting the link to your offer and create a landing page for the same.
- Social Profiles: This is a no-brainer of course but plays a big role at the same time. You must have your business’ Google Plus, Facebook and Twitter accounts in order to create more brand awareness and gain more traction for your business. Social media platforms can not only get you good money but also new ideas that can help you change your business for good; not to mention you will get a lot of suggestions and feedbacks that will help you resolve your issues.
- Leverage SEO for Local Search Results: As a web hosting provider you must gain some popularity first in your locality before you target farther region customers. This is important because you as a hosting service provider must also aim to create your brand along with gaining customers. Creating a brand is a slow process and happens one step at a time, especially if you don’t have lavish budget. In order to start your brand creation, SEO for local markets is to be done, which will help you gain more customers in your region.